Security Basics mailing list archives

RE: CISSP Question

From: "David Harley" <david.a.harley () gmail com>
Date: Thu, 10 May 2007 14:45:26 +0100

I received the enclosed notification of a certification that
combines the Help Desk Institute and Microsoft. My background
being in call centers and support for many years I find this
interesting. Has anyone any thoughts on this and possibly its
value in the Help Desk arena?

Looks promising. When I was in network/apps/systems support, years ago, the
help desk rota was mostly considered an object of dread: at best a
distraction from real work. Personally, I've always admired people who can
combine a range of knowledge broad enough to meet the first-line
informational needs of a varied customer population with the necessary
people skills. Service desk issues are considered a vital component of ITIL
Service Management, and quite rightly so.

--
David Harley CISSP, Small Blue-Green World
Security Author/Editor/Consultant/Researcher