Security Basics mailing list archives

RE: CISSP Question

From: "Simmons, James" <jsimmons () eds com>
Date: Wed, 9 May 2007 12:43:53 -0500

And that is a particularly special case also. If you have to go in front
of a jury and prove your validation, that is a valid reason. I knew a
professor that did the same thing.  The only reason he was still a
professor is because he believed that it showed that he not only knew
his stuff, but he knew it enough to teach the next generation. If you
are having to deal with image to the general unknowing populace, then of
course it makes sense to get a full plumage of alphabets behind your
name. It is the association that extra words tacked on to your name
convey importance. It is to stand out, and convey yourself as important
next to others.

Also I would have to argue, that if you hire someone that isn't already
constantly training and learning, (especially in the IT field with its
rate of change), and needs a certification to force them, they were not
a good choose in hiring.

Regards,

Simmons