Security Basics mailing list archives

Re: The Value of GIAC/GSEC Certification

From: "K. Brian Kelley" <arakakisudaki () yahoo com>
Date: Wed, 14 Mar 2007 14:09:03 -0700 (PDT)

GSEC is considered more of a technical cert; CISSP more of a management one. This is simplifying things greatly,
admittedly, but that's how the two are often differentiated. I know when I did my GSEC I had to know Windows and Linux
commands and configurationsto give you an idea of why this differentiation is made.