Security Basics mailing list archives

RE: RDP Security

From: "Bryan Ponnwitz" <bponnwitz () wwsport com>
Date: Sun, 11 Mar 2007 15:56:36 -0400

I believe Microsoft's answer to MITM attacks on a local LAN is to
implement IPSec on your computers.  If you implement the correct IPSec
policy, then I would say that RDP would be 100% secure.  Even if you
don't want to turn on IPSec for your whole LAN, you could create a
policy to sign traffic on port 3389 between the computers that you're
RDP'ing with and it would eliminate the possibility of MITM attacks
completely.

Bryan