Security Basics mailing list archives

Re: Open Source Security Information Management (OSSIM)

From: alharasic () mi cl
Date: 26 Jun 2007 17:33:42 -0000

I tried OSSIM once and found it hard to configure, I couldn't make it work just I expected.

What you should really do is to implement an IDS/IPS security layer and just as you said, it's always good to
compartamentalize your network with firewalls.

You should beware of the notebooks coming in and out all the time, it's possible they may get a virus when they're and
bring them in to school. For that you should think about having samething like NAC (Mcafee and Cisco do a good work on
this). Hopefully there should also be an Antivirus use policy.

About the Wifi Network it depends on your policies. But you should think about putting firewalls between the Wifi
Network, the LAN and Production Servers.

Well... that's for a start.

Regards

Alex Harasic