Security Basics mailing list archives

RE: RE: CISSP experience Question

From: "David Harley" <david.a.harley () gmail com>
Date: Mon, 4 Jun 2007 19:11:02 +0100

I would think that endorsing someone you don't know could
backfire if they turn out to not have the experience you
vouched for

Or worse. I quite agree. What I was trying to say, I think, is that if you
endorse someone you don't know (or don't know well enough) for a cert that
requires its holders to be honest and ethically aware, that in itself is
ethically questionable.

In practical terms, ethical issues are among
the crucial issues for our professional.  If you show
questionable ethical judgment how much can the rest of your
work be trusted?

Couldn't agree more.

--
David Harley CISSP, Small Blue-Green World
Security Author/Editor/Consultant/Researcher