Security Basics mailing list archives

Re: carbonite

From: Isaac Perez Moncho <suscripcions () tsolucio com>
Date: Fri, 22 Jun 2007 20:18:57 +0200

I recommend you implementing a backup system for the company.
So you can control it, let that work for the users will get you crazy.
Do a good backup planning, implement it and control it yourself or technical workers.
If you need help in doing a backup plan here we can help you.

En/na fm16923 () bellsouth net ha escrit:
I have some corporate users that are asking for consent to use carbonite (carbonite.com) for maintaining backups of files etc. XM has
been advertising this as a consumer tool for business continuity/disaster recovery etc. I have not seen or heard any pro's or
cons about their security set up or if it's actually hardened to where it's a realistic alternative to traditional storage.

Are there any security industry endorsements?

Regards,

Fred Martin