Security Basics mailing list archives

Re: Private IP Address from Exchange

From: TheGesus <thegesus () gmail com>
Date: Fri, 1 Jun 2007 15:31:36 -0400

On 6/1/07, Mike Alexander <mike.alexander () mail moray gov uk> wrote:
I'm not sure what you think you will achieve by "hiding" your internal IP
addresses.  What 'risk' do you perceive there to be, have you assessed it in
terms of vulnerability/impact?

Apparently this is a "gimme" these days in a vulnerability assessment.

We got dinged on this very same issue earlier this year during a VA.
Left a lot of people scratching their heads, but it ended up on the
"Action Items" list.

Not sure what our admin people intend to do about it but I think at
the end of the day it's a non-issue.

Then again, management is having a hissy fit over it and demanding remediation.