Security Basics mailing list archives

Private "tor-like" network - possible?

From: <nobledark () hushmail com>
Date: Fri, 13 Jul 2007 21:07:15 -0400

Hi all,

Thanks for your replies to my previous post about inter-site WAN
security - the info helped.

New question - I looked over Tor and played around with it a bit.
While it works ok for my basic surfing, I don't know that it will
work the way that I want it to for my project. That said, is there
any way to implement an onion routing-type network on a specific
set of routers?

Say for example I have access to shared bandwidth for 20-30 nodes
that can be used as routers (all obtained legally) and I wanted to
set them up to work in a manner similar to Tor but for a smaller
set of users - are there packages out there for this type of
project?

Thx again...

--
Click here to compare prices and features on point of sale systems.
http://tagline.hushmail.com/fc/Ioyw6h4dAhAhGlFFcHIvI42T41Biz2zTXnACcD42t7wnRpO0NUKBkg/