Security Basics mailing list archives

SORBS

From: policysup () gmail com
Date: 2 Jan 2007 20:19:31 -0000

In trying to get de-listed from SORBS I get:
" the someone is lying, pay the fine response."

A friend once said: "

Life is so much easier when you assume that anyone who
disagrees with you is evil. Cuts down on the need to take
responsibility or do any real objective thinking."

"It seems to me that they make enough mistakes that ignoring
them would quickly render the use of SORBS a significant
liability. I doubt anyone wants to take that heat, but it sure
looks like the better option to me, in the long term.

Why do people work so hard to help someone maintain a list who
clearly has no interest in its integrity himself?"

I have to believe that at this point unless something changes with the Blacklist, that is not longer
valid when it continues to block the mail servers of major internet service providers?

Unless there is a check against mail server IP, then it becomes a matter where anyone using the list will
soon stop getting mail from major ISP's.

I hope I am wrong, but our company has been blocked for over a month with the only response being still to "pay the
fine".

Sorry, but no ISP I know will pay "black mail" money to get delisted.

Sherman