Security Basics mailing list archives

Re: What backup software do you use and like?

From: Steve Hillier <securityfocus () mastermindtoys com>
Date: Wed, 24 Jan 2007 10:42:50 -0500

We use NovaNET (www.novastor.com) for a mix of NetWare, Linux and
Windows machines. I've had no real problems with this software in the 5
years or so that we have been using it. It just works.

The software is quite stable, and flexible enough to almost be
overwhelming. It uses plugins for disaster recovery, Exchange servers
and SQL servers.

It also supports disk-to-disk backups, and tape auto-loaders.

The only drawback is that it does not support encryption (as far as I
know) -- only password protection on the backup tapes.

It does have a 30-day trial download if you're seriously considering
using the product.

sph