Security Basics mailing list archives

Re: UCLA data breach and CNN

From: g_knightley () hotmail com
Date: 24 Jan 2007 16:33:55 -0000

The day after the story broke, I called UCLA and my data was among those in the breached database even though I
graduated in March 1990, however I'm still waiting for official notification from the school.  UCLA has my current
address (they send me letters begging for money every couple of months), my phone number, and my email address, so they
know where to find me when they decide to.  I'd like to know how they are coming up with the $10 million figure as
well, because they are doing a lousy job contacting alumni.