Security Basics mailing list archives

Re: General question

From: "Jason P. Rusch" <saltynetguru () infosec-rusch com>
Date: Fri, 23 Feb 2007 12:17:12 -0500

OK with that piece of information, long term I would bolt outta that
gig.

On Thu, 2007-02-22 at 10:30 -0600, Francois Yang wrote:
what if your boss told you that the network engineers who maintain the
network and servers got paid more (10k more) than you  the security
analyst because they DO MORE THINGS?
what would be your reaction?
In my situation I was like WTF (to myself of course) and basically
said that it was a totally different area and job description.
That also bought to my attention that maybe he didn't really read my
resume, cuz I was doing network administration for the past 6 yrs
before I got this job.
Now what does that tell you about the boss and my job?

--
Sincerely

Jason P. Rusch, CISA/CISSP/N+
Information Security Manager