Security Basics mailing list archives

Re: Policy enforcement- Admin accounts

From: "Paul J. Brickett" <swarzkopf () legolas sinnerz us>
Date: Mon, 17 Dec 2007 13:17:07 -0500 (EST)

Also remember the actual Administrator
account CANNOT be locked out.

Absolutely NOT true. I really wish this myth would die.

In a Server 2003 functional level domain you can configure the domain\Administrator account to lockout via configuring the correct options in ADSIedit.

In earlier functional levels you can use the "passprop.exe" utility from the MS resource kit to configure the domain\Administrator account to comply
with your domain lockout policy. Passprop works with Server 2K3 as well.