Security Basics mailing list archives

Re: How to filter .htaccess uploading?

From: "security.xentek" <eric () xentek net>
Date: Fri, 10 Aug 2007 12:00:02 -0400

You could try creating blank .htaccess files and making them immutable:

# touch .htaccess
# chattr +i .htaccess

That way they can't be changed or overwritten, even by root.

+       eric m.
+       http://xentek.net

"Security is mostly a superstition. It does not exist in nature, nor do the children of men as a whole experience it. Avoiding danger is no safer in the long run than outright exposure. Life is either a daring adventure or nothing." - Helen Keller