Security Basics mailing list archives

RE: What is the best way to lock a local box on a network?

From: <peter.schaub () thomson com>
Date: Thu, 30 Aug 2007 17:23:48 -0400

Assuming that you are an admin on the node, the Sysinternals psshutdown
app is a standalone exe, no install needed.

C:>psshutdown \\computername -u domain\username -l

This will lock the remote node. Many other options with this utility
too.

http://www.microsoft.com/technet/sysinternals/utilities/psshutdown.mspx

~Peter