Security Basics mailing list archives

Re: PII SSN question

From: "Jax Lion" <jv4l1n4 () gmail com>
Date: Thu, 16 Aug 2007 11:48:17 -0400

Working with a two non-governent companies that has requirements on
SSN handling between each.  Was hoping to find a pre-defined sets of
IT standards to follow but at best all I found is a set of best
practices for SSN protection see below.

http://www.privacy.ca.gov/recommendations/ssnrecommendations.pdf

Problem is that the rules are not pre-defined, the SSN protection
practice on company A does not match those of company B. Disagreement
over methods and process.

On 15 Aug 2007 22:00:57 -0000, levinson_k () securityadmin info