Security Basics mailing list archives

RE: Dumb newbie question

From: "Isaac Van Name" <ivanname () southerlandsleep com>
Date: Thu, 7 Sep 2006 10:51:20 -0500

One thing I try to do when looking for a new job is to find job ads online
(Monster, CareerBuilder, Dice, etc.) that match that title and then see what
each employer requires of the "successful candidate".  By comparing those
required (and optional) skills and proficiencies with my own, I can see what
I need to work on and also if I'm a prime candidate.  So, I figure you could
apply that to your current situation and do a job search for "security"
under the Information Technology category on any job website.  Compile a
list of qualifications, compare them to yours, and gauge whether you have a
chance or not.

Hope it works out for you.

Isaac Van Name