Security Basics mailing list archives

Re: Spyware vs Virus,

From: "Paul Halliday" <paul.halliday () gmail com>
Date: Mon, 18 Sep 2006 18:20:17 -0300

I was always under the impression that AV solutions offered moderate
protection against the most prevalent Spyware attack vectors.

On 9/15/06, IRM <irm () iinet net au> wrote:
I just thought maybe I will open a new discussion regarding Spy-ware.
Perhaps my question is related to the previous thread i.e. "AntiSpyware
Standards"

I can't remember where I read but I read somewhere that the market for
AntiSpyware is much lesser than Antivirus. I think the figure for
AntiSpyware is around 15-20million USD compare to Antivirus with
hundreds of million dollars. It gives an impression to me that the
industry treats less cautious with spyware compares to Virus. Shouldn't
be the other way around? Because the trend for Spyware should
significantly increased over the year because people out there are
actually making money from it! What do you guys think about it?