Security Basics mailing list archives

RE: RE: How to find process behind TCP connection ?

From: "Robert D. Holtz - Lists" <robert.d.holtz () gmail com>
Date: Thu, 5 Oct 2006 12:59:12 -0500

There are no processes behind the System process ... just many threads.  The
4 is just the Process ID.

This is the core operating system.

For example there are 76 threads running on my machine under System.  By
looking at these threads I can deduce what some of them are doing but not
all of them.

Are you trying to find the thread within System which handles a given
protocol?