Security Basics mailing list archives

Re: RE: How to find process behing TCP connection ?

From: Ansgar -59cobalt- Wiechers <bugtraq () planetcobalt net>
Date: Thu, 5 Oct 2006 19:28:07 +0200

On 2006-10-05 Buozis, Martynas wrote:
Ok, thanks again everyone who is trying to share experience. But I
just want to remind my original question, which is following:

How I can find real processes behind activity when "netstat -abvo"
shows that it is "System 4" process?

As I have said before: "System" is basically a representation of the
kernel, so there is no real process behind it.

I am sure that every Windows PC would have any connection listed as
owned by "System 4" in "netstat -abvo". So probably you may try to
find what is behind to test offered approach or propose methodology.

I still can't find right solution, while I tested all suggested
approaches....

You may want to give some more details on the results of your
approaches, e.g. what does the suspicious traffic look like?

cu
59cobalt
--
"All vulnerabilities deserve a public fear period prior to patches
becoming available."