Security Basics mailing list archives

RE: How to create security awareness in top management

From: "Ryan Counts" <rcounts () firescope net>
Date: Wed, 11 Oct 2006 22:18:14 -0700

You might check this out:

http://www.cio.com/archive/091506/security_survey.html?page=1

Some pretty good statistics throughout.  It's not particularly focused
on specific incidents, but when talking to top management, this has some
pretty good points that focus on the business aspects of security.

I would surmise that instead of focusing on technical statistics of
incidents, look at the $$$ statistics, compliance penalties, lawsuit
opportunities (like lost client info) and other elements that hit the
bottom line of the business - in the end it might have a better chance
of getting their attention.

Good luck!
Ryan