Security Basics mailing list archives

Re: Watchguard Firebox X5000

From: RandyW <randyw () techsource com>
Date: Tue, 07 Nov 2006 15:38:11 -0500

I've worked with Watchguard units for years and have not seen anything that says its possible to connect to them using anything but their proprietary software (for the bigger units) or a web-interface (for the smaller ones). This includes: SOHOs, Edges, FB1000s, X500, X700, SSL Core.

Open Telnet ports and security devices simply don't go well.

This is just my $0.02 of course, others may have better information.

RandyW

ricca_000 () yahoo co in wrote:
hi
i want know, how to check all the configuration of  Watchguard firebox X5000 using through Telnet (cli user guide) as
well as Watchguard system manager.
i have downloaded some documents from the site but not setisfied.

plz help me.

thanx.

EARN A MASTER OF SCIENCE IN INFORMATION ASSURANCE - ONLINE
The NSA has designated Norwich University a center of Academic Excellence in Information Security. Our program offers unparalleled Infosec management education and the case study affords you unmatched consulting experience. Using interactive e-Learning technology, you can earn this esteemed degree, without disrupting your career or home life.

http://www.msia.norwich.edu/secfocus