Security Basics mailing list archives

Audit Windows Machine,

From: "IRM" <irm () iinet net au>
Date: Tue, 21 Nov 2006 18:31:01 +1100

It would be impossible for me to advice all the system administrator to
install MBSA and also especially all the Windows servers being audited
have different software installed on the machine. To get around this
problem, I am thinking to send only mbsaacli.exe and wsus.cab and ask
the system administrator to run the command line version of the MBSA.

Will it work properly? Because it gave me this error message when I run
it under my test machine.

mbsaacli.exe /xmlout /catalog wsus.cab /unicode

Microsoft Baseline Security Analyzer
Version 2.0 (2.0.5029.2)
(C) Copyright 2002-2005 Microsoft Corporation. All rights reserved.

An error occurred while scanning for security updates. (0x8024400a)

I would like to know is there a better way to take the security patches
on the Windows machine? Or is there any way to solve this problem?

Cheers,
JJ