Security Basics mailing list archives

Re: full-disk-encryption for linux ?

From: "Matt Moore" <mattrm () gmail com>
Date: Sun, 12 Nov 2006 10:19:10 +0000

I am looking a full-disk-encryption S/W for my Linux based laptop.

1] It should be fast
2] It should use AES (256 bit preferred)

Could any one suggest such best tool for Linux ?

http://www.truecrypt.org/

Works on pretty much any platform.  Seems pretty good.  Dunno if it is
a good thing or not, but mjr uses it (
http://www.ranum.com/security/computer_security/editorials/diskcrypt/index.html)

I've no experience with it, but the email had gone unanswered for a
while and I had an answer of sorts.

HTH

--
Matthew R Moore