Security Basics mailing list archives

RE: need to wipe a NAS and be DoD compliant

From: "Jasun Tate" <jtate () ICWGROUP com>
Date: Mon, 26 Jun 2006 10:28:40 -0700

In regards to sanitation it generally depends on the Held
Classification, Demark procedures and intended future use? What entities
are/is the datat commming from (Disa,Army,Navy) As DoD is general, but
here is a great link for sanitation
http://www.defenselink.mil/nii/org/cio/doc/computerdisposal.doc
http://iase.disa. mil/asd_hd_disposition_memo060401.pdf

The below post from iase are a good foundation also. BCWIPEs 7 pass is a
cleared sanitation method.

If you need any further assistance drop me a line I used to be an ISSO
for a few high level commands. But im loving the civilian world./ Hope
all works

Jasun Tate
Sr. Security Administrator
Network Operations-ICW Group