Security Basics mailing list archives

RE: Dynamicism Of Windows Registry

From: "Vijender Yadav" <vijender () nodeinfotech com>
Date: Sat, 24 Jun 2006 14:45:51 +0530

Windows registry can be as dynamic as traffic flowing across your IDS.
How does IDS works? It has been trained for normal traffic and asked to
generate alarm for abnormal traffic flow.

Same way, a software can be build that is trained for normal and legimitate
changes in registry and abnormal changes in registry can be detected and
alarm can be raised.

Have you I got you right Jason?