Security Basics mailing list archives

Re: user internet usage monitoring

From: "Dale Neufeld" <canuck.eh () gmail com>
Date: Fri, 16 Jun 2006 11:39:00 -0400

Thanks for all the suggestions.  After looking into the wide range of
solutions I still have a couple questions/comments.  Websense looks a
little intense as far as all the different components/server
requirements (I'm really looking for an appliance solution).  As for
the Sidewinder G2 system how does its IPS compare to something like
TippingPoint, Sourcefire? While we're on it which is the best IDS/IPS?
How about the Sidewinder Smartfilter add-on does it provide enough
reporting features (individual user usage, etc)?

Thanks again for all the valuable insight