Security Basics mailing list archives

Re: Wifi Setup

From: "Saqib Ali" <docbook.xml () gmail com>
Date: Mon, 12 Jun 2006 21:55:39 -0700

Metrofi does something similar and they use Squid. See their proxy
footprint below:

While trying to retrieve the URL:
http://www.full-disc-encryption.com/lurker/list/fde.en.html
The following error was encountered:
  Unable to determine IP address from host name for
www.full-disc-encryption.com
The dnsserver returned:
  No Address records
This means that:
The cache was not able to resolve the hostname presented in the URL.
Check if the address is correct.
Your cache administrator is webmaster.
Generated Tue, 13 Jun 2006 04:20:41 GMT by prod-13.oss.metrofi.net
(squid/2.5.STABLE6+filter0.9)

Hi,
I have a couple of questions about my wifi setup.&nbsp; I am planning
on setting up free hotspots and using ads and banners to generate my
revenue. I want the users connected to my wireless network see the
banners/ads on any sites that they visit (the upper 10% of the page is
dedicated to ads/banners and the rest of the page is dedicated for the
site. For example, if the user hits cnn.com, the top 10% of the page
is the ads/banner and the bottom 90% is cnn's site.My first question
is how do I achieve this?

The second question is we are going to deploy access points in certain
area of the city and they will all collapse in one central location.
What do I need to secure this network?

Any advices or links to related articles would be helpful and
appreciated. Thanks in advance..

--
Saqib Ali, CISSP, ISSAP
Support http://www.capital-punishment.net