Security Basics mailing list archives

Re: HTTP header

From: Emilio Casbas <ecasbas () unav es>
Date: Mon, 12 Jun 2006 10:39:23 +0200

razk () smarteam com wrote:
hello

we seem to have a lot of problems when browsing  certian websites from our LAN --> Internet

where the page cannot be displayed.

Content-Length is a very important header in HTTP as this indicates the size of the response and where the next response from the server begins.
after investigating the problem we found that we need to encrease the maximum HTTP header length on our FW under the
SmartDefense settings.

i was wandering if there is any recommended size and what are the implications of encreasing it?

thanks.

Any Content-Length greater than or equal to zero is a valid value.
http://www.w3.org/Protocols/rfc2616/rfc2616-sec14.html#sec14.13

Thanks
Emilio C.