Security Basics mailing list archives

Re: Malware and DoS analysis

From: gmx <pal_adam () gmx net>
Date: Thu, 20 Jul 2006 23:09:05 +0200

Hello bitshield,

As far as i know, it doesnt make sense to test/analyze DOS
vulnerability, here are some reasons:

-hard to simulate a test, needs a lot of ressources
-dos mosltly ends in system failure, which can stop the production and
be pretty expensive
-no efficient measurements IF you found out that the company can be
dos`ed , the less which exist and are working (i think riverhead
technologies) are very expensive to be implemented
-mostly dos is not that intresting for intrusion

thats my point of view...

best regards

Adam Pal