Security Basics mailing list archives

Re: Re: 'Read only' Admin privileges for Active Directory environment?

From: sfmailsbm () gmail com
Date: 5 Jul 2006 07:12:24 -0000

1. Query Active Directory

As a 'normal' user, anyone can query AD, you can install "AD Administration tool" on your machine and launch your query

There will be some properties that you will not be able to access, but i think this would be a good place to start

You can also look for other tools available to launch queries, if domain admin rights are required, you can request
your admins to launch the query (you can sit next to him to male sure he is not tampering with the reports ;)

2. Trust the admins

Its true, we must trust our admins, but can we have full trust on them?

We can never really fully trust anyone, this is why we have sections like Internal Audit & Information Security to look
for malpractices