Security Basics mailing list archives

Re: Run As/Domain Login Windows XP Home

From: Kenton Smith <listsks () yahoo ca>
Date: Tue, 4 Jul 2006 12:08:09 -0400 (EDT)

Why would you want to do this? There are programs that
will let you run other programs as a particular user,
however since XP home doesn't allow for domain
integration I would suspect that you can't do this
either.
Does the webmail interface not ask you to login? If
not, it should, and if so does that not accomplish
exactly what you are trying to do?

Kenton

--- Sam Munro <sam.munro () gmail com> wrote:

HI All,

I have a scenario for you.

None cooperate laptop on a company network not
registered on the domain.

Problem number one OS is XP home.

I want to access company email via web-access from
this laptop.
Internet access is already possible via the company
proxy.

I want to run the browser as a user on the domain
and then access my
mail with the exchange server URL.

Is this possible and if so how. Step-by-step
instructions would be advantagous.

Cheers,

Sam

EARN A MASTER OF SCIENCE IN INFORMATION ASSURANCE -
ONLINE
The NSA has designated Norwich University a center
of Academic Excellence
in Information Security. Our program offers
unparalleled Infosec management
education and the case study affords you unmatched
consulting experience.
Using interactive e-Learning technology, you can
earn this esteemed degree,
without disrupting your career or home life.

http://www.msia.norwich.edu/secfocus