Security Basics mailing list archives

Re: www.readnotify.com

From: Saqib Ali <docbook.xml () gmail com>
Date: Fri, 27 Jan 2006 09:56:33 -0800

        Yeah, but isn't adding JavaScript still adding software/code to someone's
computer without that person's permission?  I mean as we all know.
JavaScript is no longer the safe malicious free programming langue that it
used to be.  And that both it and HTML can be used to cause damage to, or
software installed on someone else's computer?

But that is just like having Javascript on a web page. The user's have
the option to turn off Javascript in their browser if they wish to do
so.

        Is there a version of pine and lynx for the Windows environment?
Yes. See: http://www.xml-dev.com/blog/index.php?action=viewtopic&id=59

There is also web based pine.

--
Saqib Ali, CISSP
http://www.xml-dev.com/blog/

EARN A MASTER OF SCIENCE IN INFORMATION ASSURANCE - ONLINE
The Norwich University program offers unparalleled Infosec management
education and the case study affords you unmatched consulting experience.
Tailor your education to your own professional goals with degree
customizations including Emergency Management, Business Continuity Planning,
Computer Emergency Response Teams, and Digital Investigations.

http://www.msia.norwich.edu/secfocus