Security Basics mailing list archives

Bluetooth Security

From: "ROB DIXON" <rdixon () workforcewv org>
Date: Wed, 25 Jan 2006 17:41:30 -0500

Hello everyone,

New guy here.

My concern is Bluetooth security.

My company is looking to purchase phones for everyone.

Since most cell phone companies wont admit there is a problem, I am not finding alot of info on counter measures for
bluetooth hacking in any form. Other than the obvious, have it turned off by default. ;)

My question is:

Are their "specific" bluetooth security features I should look for?

I plan to ask for phones with the feature disabled by default.

How far can I go with it?

Thanks,

New Guy

Robert L. Dixon,  CSO
CHFI A+
Netware/GroupWise Administrator
State of West Virginia's
Office of Techonology
Infrastructure Applications
Telephone: (304)-558-5472 ex.4225
Cellphone: (304)-549-2068
Email:rdixon () workforcewv org

EARN A MASTER OF SCIENCE IN INFORMATION ASSURANCE - ONLINE
The Norwich University program offers unparalleled Infosec management
education and the case study affords you unmatched consulting experience.
Tailor your education to your own professional goals with degree
customizations including Emergency Management, Business Continuity Planning,
Computer Emergency Response Teams, and Digital Investigations.

http://www.msia.norwich.edu/secfocus