Security Basics mailing list archives

Re: Emailencryption with Thunderbird/Enigmail and Smartcards

From: niels <secunik () antivir de>
Date: Tue, 24 Jan 2006 07:45:44 +0100

dav () forststrasse27 de wrote:

Hi,

Hello.

i have implemented Emailencryption (GnuPG and S/MIME) in my Thunderbird.
Now i'd like to store the key's on a smartcard.
Can i use every smartcard? How must it be prepered?
Is there a good Howto?

By the way:
For a friend, I am looking for a GnuPG-PLugin for Outlook 2003. He tried
one from GData but this actually didn't work. He had no
Encrypt/Decrypt-Buttons.
Now he has a tool (i don't know the name) , he starts seperately and
decrypts by copy & paste. I am sure there is a  more comfortable solution...

That G-Data ting works... but you have to do exactly as the Readme says.
Installed it a few times on a client until it worked.

Thanks, Tom!

EARN A MASTER OF SCIENCE IN INFORMATION ASSURANCE - ONLINE
The Norwich University program offers unparalleled Infosec management
education and the case study affords you unmatched consulting experience.
Tailor your education to your own professional goals with degree
customizations including Emergency Management, Business Continuity Planning,
Computer Emergency Response Teams, and Digital Investigations.

http://www.msia.norwich.edu/secfocus

Regards

Niels