Security Basics mailing list archives

Re[3]: HTTP Headers

From: Thierry Zoller <Thierry () Zoller lu>
Date: Wed, 18 Jan 2006 00:40:02 +0100

LS> I would seriously caution against relying upon data presented by a
LS> service banner - whether it be HTTP, FTP, SSH, whatever.

AFAIK, the banner of SSH is part of protocol negotiation, changing it would
result in problems. Thus for ssh you can rely on banners most of the
time..

--
http://secdev.zoller.lu
Thierry Zoller

EARN A MASTER OF SCIENCE IN INFORMATION ASSURANCE - ONLINE
The Norwich University program offers unparalleled Infosec management
education and the case study affords you unmatched consulting experience.
Tailor your education to your own professional goals with degree
customizations including Emergency Management, Business Continuity Planning,
Computer Emergency Response Teams, and Digital Investigations.

http://www.msia.norwich.edu/secfocus