Security Basics mailing list archives

RE: GPO Application

From: "Ramsdell, Scott" <sramsdell () stinsonmoheck com>
Date: Thu, 2 Feb 2006 13:04:20 -0600

Mark,

There is a dependent GPO setting that's likely catching you here.  You
also have to check "Enable Windows 2000 Network Connections settings for
Administrators".

From that policy, "By default, Network Connections group settings in
Windows XP Professional do not have the ability to prohibit the use of
features from Administrators."

From the policy you applied, "If you enable this setting (and enable the
"Enable Network Connections settings for Administrators" setting), the
Properties button is disabled for Administrators."

I didn't test this, but give it a shot.

Regards,
Scott