Security Basics mailing list archives

Re: Linux basic authentication?

From: Bhavatosh <bhavatosh () gmail com>
Date: Fri, 17 Feb 2006 12:55:30 +0530

Hi,

PAM with the LDAP would be te best combination I guess.

-Bhavatosh

On Wed, 2006-02-15 at 09:14 +1100, Ivan . wrote:
Hi Greg

Linux uses PAM for authentication
some info on PAM
http://www.linux-magazine.com/issue/17/LinuxAuthentication_Part1.pdf

Kerberos
http://www.linux.com/howtos/Kerberos-Infrastructure-HOWTO/overview.shtml
http://www.linux.com/howtos/Kerberos-Infrastructure-HOWTO/index.shtml

Security
http://librenix.com/?inode=5287
http://www.newsforge.com/article.pl?sid=04/09/20/1547246

lots of info via google

cheers
Ivan

On 14 Feb 2006 17:31:46 +0900(KST), redcowboy () nate com
<redcowboy () nate com> wrote:

Hi, All.
I'm studying linux security.
I have two question.
First of all, I heard Kerberos is window basic
authentication protocol.
then, what's linux(or Unix) basic authentication
protocol?
if is it there, could you explain how does it work or
something..
Seconds, How could I understand Linux security
concepts?
I'd ask some advices or recommends.
Thanks a lot. Have a great day!

Greg

EARN A MASTER OF SCIENCE IN INFORMATION ASSURANCE - ONLINE
The Norwich University program offers unparalleled Infosec management
education and the case study affords you unmatched consulting experience.
Tailor your education to your own professional goals with degree
customizations including Emergency Management, Business Continuity Planning,
Computer Emergency Response Teams, and Digital Investigations.

http://www.msia.norwich.edu/secfocus