Security Basics mailing list archives

Re: Signing up for spam?

From: Matija Vidmar <matija.vidmar () gmail com>
Date: Tue, 7 Feb 2006 14:28:57 +0100

On 2/6/06, Thomas Jespersen <front243 () stofanet dk> wrote:
One way to do it, but I am not sure if it is effective enough, is to post in
usenet newsgroups with that email address, especially any newsgroup with the
word 'erotica' in it :)

Yes, that's right. I've already done something like this on
http://groups.google.com . Check some groups like those on marketing,
business, sex, erotica. Find those with more posts and most spam, then
post a message with your email address in these groups (you are
limited by a number of posts per day I think). Wait 2-3 days and then
post messages here again. You may see a huge amount of spam coming in
shortly.

Matija

EARN A MASTER OF SCIENCE IN INFORMATION ASSURANCE - ONLINE
The Norwich University program offers unparalleled Infosec management
education and the case study affords you unmatched consulting experience.
Tailor your education to your own professional goals with degree
customizations including Emergency Management, Business Continuity Planning,
Computer Emergency Response Teams, and Digital Investigations.

http://www.msia.norwich.edu/secfocus