Security Basics mailing list archives

Re: Home PC Networking

From: "Yousef Syed" <yousef.syed () gmail com>
Date: Thu, 30 Nov 2006 22:29:58 +0000

I'm not running any BitTorrent clients - never have.
I've logged out of all Firefox sessions, MSN, Outlook, Google
Desktop/Updater, and trawled through Process Explorer to kill off any
other apps that might be accessing the network etc... Nothing else
should be touching the network... That is what is so freaky...

The problem is that it is CONSTANTLY (infinite-loop) opening and
closing connections
to the port while sending ~600bytes each time.

I'm pretty much resigned to the fact that something has been screwed
up somewhere; either malicious, or Skype has shown some incompetance
in their latest update (another friend complained to me about it...).

Thanks,
ys