Security Basics mailing list archives

Re: spam-filtering policy

From: "Micheal Espinola Jr" <michealespinola () gmail com>
Date: Fri, 22 Dec 2006 14:52:35 -0500

On 12/14/06, Mike Peppard <mpeppard () impole com> wrote:

getting on the white lists. I'd also recommend the white list be
specific to individual email accounts and your employees have an easy
way to add or remove entries from their white list.

For what reason do you recommend that there are individual whitelists?
I know that there some anti-spam vendors push it as a feature, and
some people look for it as a product criteria - but in all honesty,
for what purpose?  It sounds good, but is it actually beneficial?

Give it some thought as to how whitelists work, and what is being done
with whitelisted mail by your spam filter, and you'll probably come to
the conclusion that individual whitelists are a waste of processing
time.

--
ME2