Security Basics mailing list archives

RE: SVCHOST making connection to outside host

From: "Gurpreet Singh" <gurpreetsl () gmail com>
Date: Tue, 19 Dec 2006 11:36:25 +0530

Hi,
I have seen the site of Akmai Technologies. Let me know one thing that if u
were streaming something like audio or video? Because in case of streaming
applications if you examine such a response at the TCP/IP level, you will
notice that the connection normally remains open after all the data
associated with this header has been sent and received -- there is no
FIN/ACK coming immediately from the server after the last chunk.