Security Basics mailing list archives

RE: SVCHOST making connection to outside host

From: Murda Mcloud <murdamcloud () bigpond com>
Date: Tue, 19 Dec 2006 15:05:08 +1000

Software updates? Don't MS or adobe use Akamai for some of their load
balancing? Maybe they do it for any software you might have set to auto
update?
What happens when you do netstat -a -o and see what the PID is? Then you
might track down the process responsible by comparing to tasklist. But this
can be hard if you have a personal firewall like Symantec(it appears like
Symantec's ccproxy is doing all the connecting then).

Is this immediately after you have booted? Or have you closed down IE and
then checked?