Security Basics mailing list archives

Re: Internet security

From: "Mervyn Heng" <barcajax () gmail com>
Date: Fri, 8 Dec 2006 23:33:46 +0800

Proxy server will work for that Windows machine also. Squid is an open
source alternative but there are commercial ones as well.

On 12/8/06, Radu Oprisan <radu () securesystems ro> wrote:
apaez1084 () gmail com wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I need some help.
>
> Im sending a server to puerto rico, but i dont trust them with the internet and the security of the data thats headed
over there.
> I whant to know how can i restrict them from going on to any site execpt for sites like UPS or Fedex and company
website.

> I dont whan them going anywhere else but to specific websites. Any one can help me. Its using windows 2000 server.

I'm not very familiar with windows 2000 server. This would have easily
been done in Linux, just a proxy server with very tight acls, no network
address translation or routing of any kind. You would make some acls
with regex's to fit your interests like *.fedex.com for example, and
that's that. There must be a ways to do this in windows, though, as far
as i remember, windows does not ship with an integrated proxy solution.
Correct me if i am mistaken.

With consideration,
Radu Oprisan
SC Secure Systems SRL
Bucharest, Romania

Detect Malicious Web Content and Exploits in Real-Time.
Anti-Virus engines can't detect unknown or new threats.
LinkScanner can. Web surfing just became a whole lot safer.

http://www.explabs.com/staging/promotions/xern_lspro.asp?loc=sfmaildetect