Security Basics mailing list archives

Re: Is a career change to Computer Forensics fantasy or can it be reality?

From: "Kurt Buff" <kurt.buff () gmail com>
Date: Wed, 6 Dec 2006 16:46:09 -0800

Sorry, this didn't make it to the list...

On 5 Dec 2006 13:03:37 -0000, reapersoft () gmail com <reapersoft () gmail com> wrote:
Hello,

I am a software engineer working in the VoIP space.  I am looking to change my career path and get into Computer
Forensics.
<snip>

It's not a fantasy - I don't speak from direct experience, but I've
watched a couple of people try and have varied success.

First tip - try to be under 40 years of age. Many of the jobs in the
U.S. are in the public sector, specifically LE, and getting hired
after 40 as a LEO is difficult at best.

Kurt