Security Basics mailing list archives

RE: OPST certification

From: "Eggleston, Mark" <meggleston () HEALTHPART COM>
Date: Wed, 30 Aug 2006 12:19:40 -0400

Perhaps GSEC from GIAC/SANS... See:
http://www.giac.org/certifications/security/gsec.php

Regards,

Mark

-----Original Message-----
From: Dale Neufeld [mailto:canuck.eh () gmail com]
Sent: Tuesday, August 29, 2006 4:14 PM
To: security-basics () securityfocus com
Subject: OPST certification

What do you guys know about the OPST certification?  As a new grad I'm
looking to obtain a few certifications with the goal being the CISSP.
Unfortunately I need to wait a few years to have the work experience
so I'm looking for a certification in the mean time.  I've also heard
people mention CEH,S+, and others.  What are your suggestions?

Thanks

EARN A MASTER OF SCIENCE IN INFORMATION ASSURANCE - ONLINE
The NSA has designated Norwich University a center of Academic
Excellence
in Information Security. Our program offers unparalleled Infosec
management
education and the case study affords you unmatched consulting
experience.
Using interactive e-Learning technology, you can earn this esteemed
degree,
without disrupting your career or home life.

http://www.msia.norwich.edu/secfocus
---

All the information contained in this electronic communication and
any attachments is intended only for the use of the individual or
entity to which it is addressed. If you are not the intended
recipient, you are hereby notified that you should not disseminate,
distribute or copy any portion of this electronic communication. If
by replying to this email and immediately deleting any and all
copies you may have inadvertently made.