Security Basics mailing list archives

RE: How to stop Admins from sniffing ?

From: "Jeffrey Wei" <jeffrey.wei () cubic com>
Date: Tue, 8 Aug 2006 15:09:35 -0700

Forgive me for being naïve here, but how can you avoid sniffing with a HUB when you have no access to the server room?
(I'm assuming the OP is not part of the domain admins staff member), but just your average employee.

Even if you do have access to plug into one of the port switches in the server room, it is very likely that the Admins
who are sniffing will have a hub or switch with port span situated at the primary level juncture of the AP he/she is
using and thus by plugging your Hub at any other switch port is meaningless as all traffic will be captured anyways.

Jeff