Security Basics mailing list archives

Re: software recommendation: history cleaner, etc.

From: Alexander Klimov <alserkli () inbox ru>
Date: Wed, 7 Sep 2005 17:29:25 +0300 (IDT)

On Tue, 6 Sep 2005, evb wrote:
Can anyone please recommend a free software tool that cleans the cache,
cookies, browsing history, etc. from a Windows box?  I'm sure Sourceforge
has one, but I would prefer to use one recommended by others.

There are tools to clean afterwards, but
o  you have to remember to call them each time,
o  you do lost you cache and history, and
o  unless you wipe the whole disk you can never be sure that all
   logically deleted cache files has their content wiped out.

It is much easier to prevent than to cure: use firefox and store your
profile on an encrypted disk (use, e.g., truecrypt for this).

--
Regards,
ASK