Security Basics mailing list archives

Re: Anonymize internet access

From: "Michael Painter" <tvhawaii () shaka com>
Date: Tue, 27 Sep 2005 20:42:20 -1000

Good points all...and well taken.

If you read the threads I pointed to above, you'll see that several people
researched the locations of some specific servers and their governing laws.
With disheartening results.<<

I was unable to find that thread and I'd really like to read it.  What do I do with:

I did search google groups alt.privacy for 'findnot' in the msg subject and came up a couple of hours of reading, but not the thread you're speaking of.

Some years back, I tested a beta program from Zero Knowledge Freedom which (I think) chained together their servers such that it was supposedly impossible to trace from the endpoint, even with logs. For whatever reasons, they folded up but I've always wondered if it was it was really true or if a hole was discovered.

Pay your money if you want, and take your chances. That's entirely up to the
individual. But before you do, consider the possibility that you can invest a
little effort and most likely achieve a more real anonymity for free.<<

I'm all ears...can you point me to how/where to get started?

Thanks,

--Michael

-- Original Message ----- From: "Jeffrey F. Bloss" <jbloss () tampabay rr com>